Mayor elect Gloria C. Hines announces transition team
In a press release sent to the News and Press, mayor elect Gloria Cheeseboro Hines announces a transition team.
“Mayor Elect Gloria Hines is honored to announce her transition team. She views this as an imperative step to move Darlington forward. Mayor Hines is excited that this highly qualified diverse group of community leaders has agreed to join her transition team. The team includes the following:”
1. Rev. Dr. Cecil Bromell – Pastor, Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church.
2. Rev. Coleman Cannon – Pastor, Cedar Fall Missionary Baptist Church; and mayor pro-tem for City of Darlington.
3. Dr. Thelma Dawson – Dentist and Darlington County School District Board of Education member.
4. Dr. David Eads – Chiropractor.
5. John Isgett – President & CEO, Raceway Ford; and past chairman of the board of directors of the Greater Darlington Chamber of Commerce.
6. Will Isgett – Freelance writer and local executive director of the Miss South Carolina Sweet Potato Festival Pageant.
7. James Jackson – Business owner and community leader.
8. Jannie Lathan – President & CEO, Lathan Consulting Corporation; and chairman of the board of directors, Greater Darlington Chamber of Commerce.
9. Marvin Lawson – Probate Judge for Darlington County.
10. Denny Neilson – Former South Carolina House of Representative member.
11. Willie Pearson – Retired educator and local business owner.
12. Elaine Reed – Retired S.C. Department of Health & Human Services; radio personality at WPDT radio station.
13. Jim Stone – Former City of Darlington Fire Chief.
14. Charlie Weatherford – Local business owner.
15. Chip Wile – President, Darlington Raceway.
“Mayor elect Hines is confident the transition team will be successful in setting Darlington on a course that assures our great city will reach its greatest potential.”