Second man faces multiple charges in August slaying
By Bobby Bryant
A second man has been arrested in an Aug. 19 slaying on Susan Drive in Darlington County, and like the first suspect, he also faces a murder charge and multiple charges of attempted murder.
The second suspect, Tyles Anthony Durant, 18, of Lamar, was arrested over the weekend, Darlington County Sheriff Tony Chavis said Monday in a statement. “This case remains under investigation, and my investigators remain dedicated to apprehending all of those responsible,” he said. “We expect more arrests.”
Authorities had already arrested one man, Olajawun Dawayne Samuel, 24, in the killing of Jamaal Antwan Baker, 38. Samuel is charged with murder and three counts of attempted murder.
Authorities have not yet offered details of what led up to the violence on Susan Drive, other than to report that Darlington County sheriff’s deputies were sent to a residence there about 6 p.m. Aug. 19.
As of Monday, both Samuel and Durant remained in the Darlington County jail. Durant has been denied bond on all charges. Notations in Samuel’s jail records say that any bond for him must be set by a General Sessions court.
If you have information about this case, you are asked to contact Darlington County sheriff’s investigators at (843)-398-4501 or contact Crimestoppers of the Pee Dee at 1-888-CRIMESC.