Common signs of stress
Stress affects so many people and infiltrates so many parts of daily life that it can be tempting to write it off as harmless or just a normal part of being human. But the negative effects of stress are significant, and persons who can recognize that are in a good position to find healthy ways to cope with their stress.
The American Institute of Stress lists the following among its most common signs and symptoms of stress.
1. Frequent headaches, jaw clenching or pain
2. Gritting, grinding teeth
3. Stuttering or stammering
4. Tremors, or trembling of lips or hands
5. Neck ache, back pain and/or muscle spasms
6. Light headedness, faintness and/or dizziness
7. Ringing, buzzing or “popping sounds
8. Frequent blushing or sweating
9. Cold or sweaty hands, feet
10. Dry mouth and/or problems swallowing.
11. Frequent colds, infections and/or herpes sores
12. Rashes, itching, hives, and/or “goose bumps”
13. Unexplained or frequent “allergy” attacks
14. Heartburn, stomach pain and/or nausea
15. Excess belching and/or flatulence
Stress is a part of daily life. Learning to recognize signs of stress can help people overcome it and reduce their risk for various conditions.