Red Cross assisting Lamar family after fire

Lamar, S.C. December 30, 2022 – American Red Cross disaster-trained volunteers are assisting a family whose home, located on Oates Hwy in Lamar, was damaged by a fire yesterday evening. The Red Cross is helping three people by providing financial assistance for immediate needs such as food, clothing, and shelter, along with referrals to much needed resources.
Unfortunately, candles cause about 20 home fires a day on average in the U.S. and December is the peak month for home candle fires. Consider using battery-operated candles or non-burning home deodorizers or fragrances. If you must use candles or incense, keep them away from anything that could burn, and place them out of reach of pets and children. Never leave anything burning unattended.

Author: Stephan Drew

Share This Post On

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Posts Remaining