Passenger Station historical marker to be dedicated
The City of Hartsville in collaboration with the Darlington County Historical Commission will host a dedication ceremony for the historical marker placed at the Hartsville Passenger Station.
The passenger depot was built by the Atlantic Coast Line (ACL) Railroad in 1908 and is an example of an early 20th-century passenger depot. It serviced the town until 1940 when the ACL discontinued passenger service to Hartsville. The depot was remodeled in 1948 to house the office of the Chairman of the ACL Board. Former ACL Chairman A.L.M. Wiggins continued to occupy the office until his death in July 1980.
The dedication ceremony will take place Nov. 11 at 10 a.m. at 114 S. Fourth Street in Hartsville.
For more information, contact Rebecca Edwards at 843-917-0602 or email@example.com.