Living on Purpose – 7 things to remember about God
By Bill Holland
Joy to the world, the Lord is come!
Christ is called Emanuel, which means “God is with us” and we are so grateful that he came to save us. Yes, we enjoy the nativity and he was once a baby, but he’s not a baby today.
He was born, lived, and was willing to be crucified because he loved us more than anything in the world. Whatever you are going through today, be encouraged to know that God wants to be with you and is more than able to take care of you. He is El Shaddai, God Almighty, the All Sufficient One! Here are seven attributes of our creator that remind us why we celebrate the incarnation and sing, “O come let us adore him.”
1. God knows: God is Omniscient and is fully aware when we are going through difficult times, our worries and fears and even what we are thinking. Actually, He is the only one who really knows how we feel and we can always trust that He has the perfect plan to help us. There are three answers to our prayers; yes, no, and keep waiting, so whatever the situation we can know that he is in total control and always has our best interest in mind.
2. God loves: The love and grace of God is greater than all of our sin. Jesus died a cruel and painful death in order to save us from ourselves. The good news today, is that whoever embraces this gospel about God’s love and receives it into their life by faith, can obtain his mercy and be redeemed and transformed into a child of our heavenly Father. Read Romans 8:37-39.
3. God cares: He sees every tear and knows all about the problems we are going through. God wants everyone to believe that he cares about them and desires to be a part of their life. His word promises that his eye is watching every sparrow which allows us to realize how much more he is watching over us. He is sensitive and compassionate about our circumstances and longs to have a close personal relationship with us. “Casting all your care upon him; for he cares for you” I Peter 5:7.
4. God provides: The Lord always supplies peace, comfort, joy or whatever we need, whenever we need it. Jesus can bring what no one else can give and he is always more than enough! We can place all of our trust in God and believe with all of our heart that he will do above and beyond all that we could ask or imagine. Philippians 4:19 declares, “But my God shall supply all your needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”
5. God desires: What is God’s desire? For us to love him and follow his voice. He also wants us to succeed, to be an overcomer and to live an abundant life. When we were born, he designed our personal blueprint and within this wonderful plan includes a possible destiny of victory and joy! He created us to be filled with his power and intended for us to walk confidently in his love and peace. Deuteronomy 31:8 says, “It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”
6. God heals: Jesus is the great physician and has all power and authority in heaven and Earth. He gives instruction and wisdom to doctors; He creates medicines and knows the solutions to every problem. God has the miracle power to take care of all of all our needs including physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual. Whether in this life or in heaven, we can know that God will eventually heal his children perfectly and completely. In Exodus 15:26 God declares, “I am the Lord that heals you.”
7. God delivers: Whatever the bondage, temptation, crisis, or fear, the King of kings can lift you out of your anxiety and set your feet upon a solid rock. Believe his promises and allow his truth to set you free! Psalm 18:2-3 reminds us, “The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so, shall I be saved from my enemies.”