Darlington City Pool open to the public
The City of Darlington offered free swimming lessons June 22 through June 25 at the pool, 115 Gary St. These lessons were sponsored by the City of Darlington and the YMCA of the Upper Pee Dee for ages 5 to 18.
More than 100 have benefited from these station-to-station classes during the past three years of the classes. Even if the children didn’t learn to swim, each station they tackle increases their familiarity with the water and gives them skills to build on in the future.
Volunteers helped guide the children.
For the remainder of the summer, the pool hours are from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., weather permitting, on Tuesdays through Saturdays at 115 Gary St.
The pool is open to the public, and the cost is $1 for the day.
City pool rules:
• All children age 13 and younger must be accompanied by an adult 18 or older, and that adult must supervise the child 100% of the time.
• No adult may sign in more than two swimmers.
• No weak swimmers or non-swimmers allowed in the deep end of the pool.
• All children and adults who cannot swim must wear a wrist band identifying them as a non-swimmer.
• All swimmers must shower before entering the pool.
• When signaled, all swimmers must exit the pool immediately upon lifeguard’s request.
• All swimmers who wish to swim in the deep end must be approved by the lifeguard before entering.
• No diapers allowed in the pool. Children must wear a swimmer’s diaper if needed.
• All swimmers must wear swimsuits.