Jane Windham’s recipe for Lemon Silk
This is a luscious, lemony trifle that can be made a day ahead. Everyone loves it!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 20 servings
Calories: 227 kcal
Author: Jane Windham
• 1 pound cake already purchased or prepared
• 8 egg yolks
• 2 cans sweetened condensed milk
• 1 1/2 cups lemon juice bottled
• 1 16 ounce frozen whipped topping thawed
• 1 lemon for garnish
1. Beat egg yolks on medium speed until they turn a creamy, yellow color.
2. With the mixer still running, slowly pour in the sweetened condensed milk.
3. Add the lemon juice and beat until fully incorporated.
4. By hand, gently fold in the whipped topping into the egg yolk mixture.
5. Tear the pound cake into small pieces and layer in the bottom of a trifle bowl or serving dish.
6. Put a layer of the Lemon Silk mixture on top of the cake layer.
7. Continue to layer the cake and the Lemon Silk mixture until you run out of room.
8. To garnish, zest the lemon and add the lemon zest on top along with a twisted lemon slice.
You can use a previously baked pound cake or a purchased one to make this recipe, and you will probably have some cake left over.
This recipe can be made a day ahead.
Leftovers keep very well in the refrigerator for several days.
You can halve the recipe and serve it in individual dessert dishes.
See more from Jane Windham at Cottageatthecrossroads.com.