DCSD honors students with outstanding character through STAND Awards
Students from across the Darlington County School District earned recognition April 7 during the 2017 STAND Awards ceremony at Hartsville Middle School.
STAND is an acronym for “Students Taking Action, Not Drugs.” The awards are presented to a student from each school for displaying positive character, encouraging others to live drug-free lifestyles, and seeking to improve in academics and behavior.
The ceremony is the annual culmination of the district’s Drug-Free Schools and Character Education program. The winners are selected by their schools after completing the program.
School faculty, family and friends attended the ceremony, which featured a keynote address by David Lucas, a Darlington High School senior and STAND Award winner.
Hartsville High School senior Stone Martin gave a musical performance during the event.
The 2017 STAND Award winners are:
• Jorden Jones, Brockington Elementary Magnet School
• Robert Cooper, Brunson-Dargan Elementary School
• Kasei Emanuel, Cain Elementary School
• Isabella Lefew, Carolina Elementary School
• Shelby Froese, Darlington County Institute of Technology
• Shaikeem Freeman-Peterson, Darlington County Intervention School
• David Lucas, Darlington High School
• Scotlyn Benson, Darlington Middle School
• Cassidy Ringer, Hartsville High School
• Leland Saxton, Hartsville Middle School
• Chequetta Holmes, Lamar Elementary School
• Nasir Hawkins, Lamar High School
• MyKenna Blankenship, Mayo High School for Math, Science and Technology
• Gracie Parks, North Hartsville Elementary School
• Kassidy Menasco, Pate Elementary School
• Kavon Mullins, Rosenwald Elementary/Middle School
• Jackson Andrews, Southside Early Childhood Center
• Emily Grace Johnson, Spaulding Elementary School
• Tyra Gainey, Spaulding Middle School
• Trinity Robinson, St. John’s Elementary
• Laura Cranford, Thornwell School for the Arts
• Davaris Lambert, Washington Street Elementary School
• Travis Kelley, West Hartsville Elementary School