Darlington County School District names Teachers of the Year
Twenty-three teachers will serve as their school’s 2019-2020 Teacher of the Year after being chosen for the honor by their peers.
The Darlington County Teacher of the Year Program honors and awards those teachers who exceed expectations to provide meaningful and rewarding learning experiences for the students of Darlington County.
The program is dedicated to all teachers who work diligently every day.
Teachers are nominated by their peers. Each nominee completes an extensive application and is interviewed by a panel of judges from his/her school.
From these applications and interviews, a School Teacher of the Year is chosen. School Teachers of the Year receive a cash award and become members of the Teacher Forum and the Superintendent’s Teacher Advisory Cabinet.
The 2019-2020 School Teachers of the Year are:
• Casey Sanders, Brockington Elementary Magnet School
• Kinsey Johnson, Brunson-Dargan Elementary School
• Lauren Prosser, Cain Elementary School
• Melesa Creamer, Carolina Elementary School
• Bert Beasley, Darlington County Institute of Technology
• Anitra Caldwell, Darlington County Intervention School
• Kristen Johnson, Darlington High School
• Nena McConnell, Darlington Middle School
• Cameron Watkins, Hartsville High School
• Marlin Ketter, Hartsville Middle School
• Tara Amerson, Lamar Elementary School
• Toni Anderson, Lamar High School
• Danielle Watkins, Mayo High School for Math, Science & Technology
• Bethany Perry, North Hartsville Elementary School
• Carmen Blakney, Pate Elementary School
• Karen James Wilson, Rosenwald Elementary/Middle School
• Cortney Harless, Southside Early Childhood Center
• Phoebie Heustess, Spaulding Elementary School
• Shawntell Bull, Spaulding Middle School
• Monique Brown, St. John’s Elementary School
• Patricia McKinley, Thornwell School for the Arts
• Jessica Lyerly, Washington Street Elementary School
• Jazziman Parker, West Hartsville Elementary School